Dealing with high volumes of data can be overwhelming. But when you understand where the environmental, social, geotechnical or contamination considerations are – and how they relate to each other – the right interpretation can ensure informed decisions about your project.
Location is the key element of every project. We use geospatial technologies to gather, capture and organise accurate data on and around your site. We analyse and interpret it and present the results simply and graphically. This clarity allows you to make informed decisions about constraints, priorities and risks, and maintain your project’s momentum.
We use 2D or 3D interactive or animated models to show how your development and its planned infrastructure will sit on the proposed site. We can identify where geotechnical and environmental constraints are present, where contaminant and other readings have been recorded and which nearby or distant communities may be affected. All this builds a history for your site, reveals its current state and informs its future.
We can help you harness geospatial and visual technologies to keep close track of your project during its progress so that you don’t need to wait until the report at the end. This will help you understand the connections between different workflows, and how your project is progressing towards its milestones. By continuously adding new project data and presenting it visually, you can see progress as it occurs, compare it to forecasts and make adjustments and recommendations as necessary.
Spatial data management
Good data management underpins project efficiencies. It taps into a single source of truth, removes uncertainties and introduces speed and confidence to decision making.
Coffey’s spatial data management capability covers the full range of data discovery, sourcing and management services including:
- spatial data capture – field surveys, GPS, geo-tagged photos and digitising
- spatial data management – sourcing, import, extraction, conversion and editing
- database – design, application development and analysis
Mapping and 3D printing
Our maps and 3D prints are designed to display information so that it’s clear and unambiguous, bringing clarity to decision making.
Our full range of map production services includes:
- general mapping – fast, informative and cartographically appealing maps for assessment, field and reporting needs
- map series and map atlases – for large area and linear feature mapping
- animation – 3D fly-throughs, time lapse and information overlays
- interactivity – maps that reveal behind-the-scenes information in pop ups, and can be manipulated for profile and perspective views
- 3D printing – terrestrial and landscape models
Technical illustration and graphic design
Reports and other documents need to be informative but also visually engaging to meet heightened user expectations. Visual illustrations of highly technical information help remove ambiguity and variable interpretations by technical and non-technical audiences.
Technical illustration and graphic design services include:
- cartographic polishing – we elevate functional maps to a superior cartographic level for reporting, community engagement, publication and promotional purposes
- flow diagrams, charts and graphs – visual representations of data through the use of symbols, curves, lines and bars
- conceptual site models – illustrations to highlight technical aspects of a site
- photographic services – retouching/enhancing photos and imagery, adjusting colours, filters and resolution
- interactive documents – containing pop up elements, embedded links and navigation pathways
Spatial and 3D analysis
Without 3D analysis and spatial model outputs the brain simply can’t sort and comprehend complex data inputs – this is essential for ‘seeing’ underground, classifying and categorising data or predicting slope and plume behaviours for assessment and planning purposes.
Coffey’s analysis and modelling capability covers the full range of advanced spatial, 3D assessment, analysis and predictive (what-if) modelling services, including:
- spatial data analysis – for geographical, geophysical, geotechnical, contamination, remediation, economic and social applications, predictive modelling, relationship and trend analysis
- 2D spatial analysis – constraints analysis, route and site selection or confirmation, environmental mapping and geo-statistics
- image processing and analysis – aerial photography and satellite imagery classification, NDVI, change detection
- 3D spatial analysis – terrain and other surface creation, surface analysis including viewshed or line-of-sight, hillshade, slope, cut and fill volume, contour and cross section, and hydrological, groundwater and geological modelling
- 3D visualisation – fly-through, fly-by and animation
Mobile devices provide a digital ‘sixth sense’ for field staff – helping to ensure their safety and protect the environment. These devices can reduce time in the field, introduce overall efficiencies and reduce the chance of error.
Mobile devices give field staff valuable, real time context and navigation while on site. Our services include:
- device decisions – advise on and deploy the right equipment for the task (GPS, iPad or a more sophisticated, ruggedised mobile GIS device)
- device set-up for context and navigation – a ‘you are here’ tool containing preloaded information such as underground data, future construction and no-go zones, providing vital in field context
- device set-up for data capture – such as site walkover notes, sample recordings, community surveys and geo-tagged photography and video recordings
- range finders, barcodes and other equipment readings
- cloud connection – field data can be directly uploaded to the cloud so clients can watch the progress of their field activities
- staff tracking – visibility of staff locations in real-time for safety reasons
Webmaps are a tool for communication, collaboration and transparency. They offer online visibility of project information for stakeholders. In a secure or open environment a window into the projects status, its content and its issues can be provided. Everyone can see the most up-to-date information and keep themselves informed.
This can included securely display maps and data along with behind-the-scenes photos and documents. Our services include:
- webmap content development and publishing
- webmap functions such as display control, navigation, transparency sliders, measuring, querying and printing
- multiple webmaps from same source tailored to suit particular audiences such as the general public for community engagement needs
- hosting and maintenance of the data on our secure server, on the cloud or helping clients manage and host it on theirs