The safety of our people, clients and contractors is at the core of everything we do. We proactively manage health and safety risks through concise, simple and effective management techniques – safeguarding the future of your people and business.
At Coffey we strive to lead the way through safety innovation. We’ve tailored our laboratories and our processes to create a safer and more efficient working environment, for you and for us.
Initiatives we’ve employed include:
- the use of auto compactors to optimise throughputs and accuracy
- reduction of manual handling though the use of mechanical sample splitters and roller conveyors – this ensures the quality of representative samples in the lab and improves speed of delivery
- using LEAN laboratory design to create efficiencies and optimal working conditions
We offer IEC/ISO17025 NATA accredited testing laboratories across Australia – all equipped with the latest technology.
If your project is in a remote location, our scientists will conduct on-site analysis in accordance with our NATA certified quality management system.
We understand that timeliness is essential in high risk environments and make this our priority. We’ll help you deal with a diverse range of hazards – safeguarding the future of your people and business.
Most back injuries can be prevented through completion of manual handling training, and the proper use of injury prevention techniques. Our training provides employees with the knowledge and skills needed to stay safe.
Vehicle tracking system
Road vehicle accidents are a major safety risk for any company. We proactively manage this risk through vehicle monitoring systems that allow us to:
- instantly identify vehicle status and location
- instantly know of a vehicle rollover
- manage vehicle and driver performance
- monitor the distance and duration against Coffey’s journey management plans
- streamline maintenance management
Field awareness training
We’ve developed training modules for our technicians who work outdoors that address exclusion zone risk, stop work authority and hazard and situational awareness. We also teach our technicians appropriate communication protocols, to ensure safety risks are addressed and reported – minimising future risk to others.
Risk assessment – Take 5
The Take 5 process is an informal risk assessment tool which can be performed by an employee to identify, assess and control potential hazards. This simple process could prevent an injury to you or your colleagues.